About Tech-Savvy Parenting
In this insightful talk, creative parenting expert and co-author of Tech-Savvy Parenting and Future-proof Your Child (Bookstorm, 2014), Nikki Bush, will help you make sense of the digital world your children are so attracted to.
For families to remain connected today, parents need to bridge the digital divide to their children. This talk, peppered with personal anecdotes, will provide you with insight and practical parenting guidelines for a plug-and-play world, from passive entertainment of the television to the interactive nature of gaming and Internet-linked computers, to the realm of social networking – often accessed via a smartphone.
We need to take conscious, positive steps to help our children to develop both the high-tech and high-touch skills to ensure they become responsible, tech-savvy digital citizens who will be able to take advantage of the best of what the online world has to offer while being protected from its potential dangers.
Who Should Attend?
This talk is suitable for parents of any child, whether you have tots or teens, who love screens (that’s all of you!). It’s also an enlightening presentation for those who work with children and parents, from educators to therapists and wellness professionals.
- I had never thought about scenario planning with my children. It’s great idea.
- We need to empower ourselves to empower our children. Thank you for the inspiration.
- You have inspired me to think on my feet.
- Thank you for teaching me how to protect my children.
- I think it’s so exciting what’s out there for our children.
- Thank you for reiterating the importance of family and the protection that family can provide.
- You have inspired me to go home and be more present with my children.
- Just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for such a wonderful, easy to understand, talk this morning. I’m going straight home to sign up on Facebook so that I know what my children are doing.
- I’ve learnt the importance of keeping the door to conversation with my children open.
- I’m no longer paralysed by my fear of technology or social media.
- Love the mantra to help my children protect themselves.