This activity is fun, easy and very effective. A great idea for an Easter children’s party or to use as an alternative Easter gift, or just to eat because they are a yummy treat.
You will need:
- A large mixing bowl and spoon
- 1 cup of cooking chocolate
- 1 ½ cups Rice Crispies
- A muffin pan
- Paper cup cake holders
- Egg shape Smarties or any other colourful egg-shaped sweets such as M & Ms, jelly beans, or even small covered Easter eggs, etc
What to do:
- Line the muffin tin with paper cup cake holders
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (stir every 30s, it should take about 2 minutes on 100% power), or in the top of a double boiler.
- Stir in the Rice Crispies and place a heaped dessert spoonful into each paper case.
- Using your finger, or the back of the spoon, make a hollow in the middle for the eggs.
- Place a few mini-Easter eggs or egg-shaped chocolates or sweets in the middle of each nest and allow to cool and harden in the fridge.
- Remove the nests from the muffin pan and place on some packing straw for an attractive Easter display.
- Eat and enjoy. Makes 9 nests.