- Jobs becoming obsolete due to disruptive technology such as artificial intelligence and robots
- The rise of new industries and the fall of old industries that are no longer relevant
- Needing to take sabbaticals to upskill, study and remain relevant. It was Alvin Toffler in his book Future Shock who said most profoundly, “The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.”
- Taking multiple retirements between different careers (bear in mind that our children will probably work for around 80 years of so because they are going to live to 120+)
- Watch this space for more on this topic……….
Listen to this interview between Nikki Bush and Aubrey Masango on Radio 702 on this fascinating topic.
You may also be interested in reading Future-proof Your Child (Penguin) by Nikki Bush & Dr Graeme Codrington. Click here for more info.