South Africa is benefitting from greater female empowerment and gender equality. Over the years, more women have become involved in industry and have risen to become leaders who have made their mark. The three stand-out South African women in leadership featured below show how women are shaping the economy and the country:
- Wendy Applebaum – a woman who is all for women. Many might know Wendy as the daughter of Liberty Life founder, Donald Gordon and shareholder in the Liberty Group, but that’s not what truly defines her. Wendy is an enthusiastic philanthropist and is the driving force behind a number of health and education initiatives directed at women who want to leaders and female empowerment.
- Santie Botha – youngest chancellor and one of the wealthiest women in South Africa. She is chancellor of the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elizabeth and actively serves on the boards of Famous Brands and Tiger Brands Limited. She was also involved in the marketing of the FIFA World Cup, and this feat alone, shows how influential our women leaders are. Santie received the following awards:
- 1998 – Young Business Person of the Year
- 2002 – Marketer of the Year
- 2003 – The Star Top 10 Business People in South Africa
- 2010 – Business Woman of the Year
- Salukazi Dakile-Hlongwane – a woman passionate about economic advancement for women in South Africa. Salukazi runs a broad-based women’s investment firm which ensures economic advancement of women through education and training. She completed an economics degree in South Africa and went on to study for an MA in Development Economics in the USA. Salukazi was CEO of Eqstra Holdings Limited and is also a MultiChoice Africa director, as well as the assistant general manager for specialised finance at BoE NatWest.
Hire top motivational speaker, Nikki Bush
Women such as Wendy Applebaum, Santie Botha and Salukazi Dakile-Hlongwane have earned their positions as a result of women empowerment and gender equality in South Africa. In order to keep motivated and inspired to reach new goals, these women need to remain focused, dedicated and passionate to their roles and responsibilities as women in leadership.
By hiring a motivational speaker to address your teams, you too can play a role in empowering women aspiring to fill or continue to serve in leadership roles in business and for their country. Nikki Bush is a reputable and sought after motivational and inspirational women empowerment speaker, who will be able to help boost your team’s self-esteem, help them overcome new challenges and learn new and useful coping mechanisms. If you would like to book Nikki Bush to address your team or talk at your event get in touch with us today.
Leave A Comment