In this inspiring and insightful presentation Nikki Bush, well-known Human Potential and Parenting expert, speaker and co-author of the best-selling book Future-proof Your Child (Penguin Random House), will convince you that letting go and letting grow are both essential to loving and parenting your children wisely so that they develop the twin X-factors of resourcefulness and resilience.
Parents need to be reminded of the fact that the ultimate goal of parenting is to let our children go – even into this crazy and unpredictable world. Independence will also be our children’s ultimate request from us – quite a daunting and emotional thought for parents who are used to holding on tightly to those kite strings.
This presentation will cover:
- Common parenting traps
- Preparing the child for the path instead of the path for the child
- Encouraging independence
- Celebrating resourcefulness
- Developing resilience
- Balancing praise and encouragement
- Future-proofing your child in small everyday ways
- Passing on the baton of responsibility, in practical ways, sooner rather than later