At Nikki Bush and Associates (Pty) Ltd (including this POPIA compliant website www.nikkibush.com and www.toytalk.co.za ) we are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that the personal information you have shared with us with your explicit consent, is collected, handled, stored and used for the purposes you intended, lawfully and transparently. We have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the safety and security of your information and you always have the option to unsubscribe.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and surname
- contact information including name and email address for communication and event attendance
- contact information including name, email address, delivery address and cellphone number for purchases requiring physical delivery
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and topic interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- cookies collected from your website usage should you accept (see the list of cookies we collect at the bottom of this notice)
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To send emails containing insights, news, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To contact you by email for market research purposes to customise this website and our product offerings according to your interests and needs.
Disclosure of information:
- We do not share your personal information with third parties.
- Should we do collaborative events with other parties you will get to choose with whom you would like to share your personal information.
- We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online including:
- Our physical premises have alarms and and are linked to rapid response security companies
- Laptop and desktops:
- Office 365
- Encryption and double authentication
- Password protection for data files on laptops
- Up to date virus protection
- Paper Shredders
- For any handwritten event registration lists, feedback forms or printed contracts
- Mailing System:
- Mailchimp is GDPR complaint
- We remove all soft and hard bounces regularly
- Our unsubscribe button is working and appears at the bottom of all mailers sent out
- POPIA compliant
- Cookies can be accepted or ignored by the user which will enable or disable tracking
- Any online purchases are made via the Paygate secure payment which maintains Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance.
- Virtual conferencing platforms
- Zoom is GDPR compliant
- WebinarJam is GDPR compliant
Cookies help analyse web traffic and allow web applications to respond to visitors as unique individuals. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can tick to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may update your information and preferences at any time by contacting us or clicking on the update link that appears on the bottom of every email
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the POPI Act. A small administration fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact email@example.com
Principal Data Officer:
- Nikki Bush
- 011 887 3016
Additional Data Officer:
- Carmen Peters
- 021 879 3788
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List Of Cookies We Collect
|COOKIE NAME||COOKIE DESCRIPTION|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEW MESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLY COMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|