Stained Glass Biscuits
Bake these fun and delicious Stained Glass Biscuits with your kids. These magical biscuits combine baked deliciousness and melted boiled sweets. A fun activity to get the kids involved and keep them entertained.
You will need:
- 125g (125ml) soft butter
- 105g (120ml) castor sugar
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 1 large egg
- 280g (500ml) cake flour
- 30g (50ml) cornflour
- 5ml baking powder
- Crushed Boiled Sweets (Sparkles)
What to do:
- Beat the butter and castor sugar until light, then beat the vanilla essence and the egg.
- Sift the cake flour, cornflour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Stir into the butter mixture to form a firm dough, then roll into a ball and wrap in clingfilm.
- Refridgerate for 10-15 minutes until firm.
- On a floured surface roll the cookie dough to 4mm thick.
- Using cookie cutters of your choice cut out shapes and place on baking trays lined with paper and greased or sprayed with baking spray.
- Using a smaller cookie cutter make holes in the centre of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 4 minutes at 180 degrees, then remove from oven.
- Fill the centre with crushed boiled sweets and return to the oven for a further 4 minutes but keep checking the biscuits.
- As soon as the sweet mixture has melted into the shape cut out, remove from the oven, otherwise the sweet mixture will boil over onto the biscuit itself.
- Leave the cookies on the tray to cool.