We live in a dual world of masculine and feminine – of yin and yang. The one can’t exist without the other. Opposite sides of the same coin. When there is too much of one or the other we are out of balance.
The question remains: Why do we celebrate Women’s day? Women’s day puts the focus on regaining the balance. The world has, for a long time, been dominated by the masculine and as we move into the Connection Economy (also known as the Emotion or Relationship Economy) we will all need increasing proficiency in things that women are naturally good at:
- Emotional intelligence
The leadership characteristics required to make a success of the new world of work where the rules for success and failure are being rewritten, are more feminine, such as:
- visionary/big-picture thinkers
- communication skills
With the world changing at a speed like never before we would do well to embrace the feminine and women, in particular. In a world of extreme technological development and disruptive change, we need to keep the human in the middle, and women are particularly good at not losing sight of that.
Women’s day provides an opportunity acknowledge and celebrate women of substance in both the past and the present who embody the feminine characteristics that the world needs so much now.
How Nikki Bush can help women with work/life balance
An important aspect of womens day celebrations is to remind very busy, multi-tasking women to take a moment to pause, take stock and keep perspective; or perhaps to even find a new lens through which to view the world.
As a woman speaker I can identify with issues such as:
- Disconnection due to multitasking across multiple roles
- Loss of perspective due to pressure and so many choices
- Work-life balance issues facing parents in the workplace
- The need to befriend time and make it work for us
- The importance of being able to reframe issues positively
- The challenge of how to be fully focused and emotionally present both at home and at work
- How guilt can stop us from succeeding
- The need to become distinct, to stand out from the crowd
- Understanding and being able to craft a strong personal brand
- Discovering the power of choice
I have a number of presentations that may suit your requirements:
Get Outta Your Head team building workshop to help people in the workplace reconnect with each other – life is fast, life is serious, there are more ways to communicate and yet there is less connection, even with your colleague on the next desk. Click here for more info.
Parenting on the Run – for time-starved working parents who want to learn how to turn very ordinary moments into memorable quality time with their children. Click here for more info.
Brand You – become distinct or you will become extinct – this workshop is especially for network marketing and direct selling companies and franchise operations. Click here for more info.
To discuss your requirements further email me at email@example.com